Friday, May 2, 2008

Soccer, Cowboy Hats and Photographs.



So, Adee had her first soccer game last Saturday. I was stuck in the car with Shep while he slept, which was okay because it was cold! :> All I could do was laugh at Adee as she chased after the ball. She kept telling me before the game how fast she was and that she was going to get to the ball first so she could kick it. She did such a good job, and even though she is probably the youngest on the team she still keeps up with them all and does not give up. She had a lot of fun. She also found my "big cowboy hat" as she calls it, which is actually my hat from the Kentucky Derby (just wanted to clarify so that you all did not think I was wearing a hat like that to church or something. ;> It was hard enough to wear it to the Derby and not feel totally ridiculous :>) She loves to play dress up and has come up with some very interesting outfits. The pictures here are of her big cowboy hat (like Dora) and her wrappy thingy (like grandma B) - she was pretty impressed with how she looked in the mirror. :> And of course I have to add some pictures of Shep. I got a camera last summer and have yet to read the manual, someday I will take some really good pictures, but for now it is set to auto EVERYTHING. Shep is such a sweet little boy, and soooo charming. I know that is odd to say about a six month old, but trust me, he is. He knows just when to smile or whimper or laugh and he always works it to his advantage. The other day I was trying (again) to get him to take some food and he was refusing (again) and I looked at him and said "your stubborn" and he starting laughing like I had said the funniest thing in the world. Now everytime I tell him he is stubborn, he laughs, which gets him out of pretty much anything he does not want to do. I am such a sucker. ;>

6 comments:

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love those picture! Well, we have let our selfs go a little... anyway just health eating and working out you have any good ones my mom said you look great what are you doing?

The Stones said...

Tell Adee I loved the lip gloss. How sweet. I really liked how you did the slideshow. Someday, maybe our blog will be as cool as yours. The Kentucky Derby? I'm jealous. Did you go visit Cynthia?
ashlee

Pretty cute kids. Sounds like its hard to not brag on your kids for you too. Its only right. So now that I have become a "Blogger" I get pissed when people dont check it out, so we will get faster on responding to your hard work. Later, Mike

The Stones said...

Your falling behind on your blogging, we are going to have to talk about your dedication.
So...ya I am pretty stoked about the new head coach job. It will be cool to have my own program. It is only because of great coaches like Taylor and Wood that I even feel the desire to take on the responsibility, but they are pretty inspiring guys. So here we go... another adventure.
And yes those are Ash's sisters and they are all pretty cool gals, we have a lot of fun with each other. In fact a long running joke is that Shosted bought you a drink when you were dating me and he was dating Andra, dirty dog.
Anyway, update you blog, I want to see your dogs. Stone.

The Stones said...

Mike forgot to tell you about the "other" long running joke with the Shosteds. He totally made out with Andi back in the day. So who's the dirty dog now?
;)ash

The Stones said...

We should just get walkie-talkies. So ya, Jamie is the one that worked with me at Smoky's and she married Dave Todd (The Owner of Smoky's) just a little bit ago, but there is an even longer story with her that I'll have Ash email to you. Did you know Jamie got converted and baptized? Anyway, long story for another time.
Ashlee's sister's are as follows:
Aubri Halls(34) Black Dress, Andra(Andi)Shosted(32)White Dress
Auna Hilbig (26) Turquoise Dress
Alexa(Lex) Walker (22) Yellow Dress
I have only kissed 2 Walker girls, but I am working on it. Later, Stone