Monday, May 26, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!!!


Cue the music! I know pictures of a baby with food on his face are not exactly a reason to sing Hallelujah - unless you have been me for the last two months! Shep has been SOOOOOO stubborn (he gets that from his dad) about eating food. Anytime I did get him to open his mouth for something it usually came right back up. Our Dr. suggested that we take him to a speech therapist (confused me too!) to see what she could do. I decided to call one of my teachers from massage therapy school (she works with preemies and has some amazing talents) and ask her to come over and see what she thought. She worked on Shep for about an hour and then fed him some bananas like it was no big deal. WHEW!!! So these long awaited pictures are of him with potatoes and gravy all over his face. He LOVED them. I think a bit too much because he ate WAY to many and threw them up all over his crib later that night. :> He is still not a HUGE fan of baby food, but he is taking it and keeping it down, which is a big relief to me. I was starting to get more than worried about him, so I am glad we have made progress. I think it is so easy to take our kids health for granted and to forget what little miracles they truly are.

5 comments:

The Stones said...

Hallelujah is right... congratulations. Riggin nursed for 21 mo because I thought I was is only source of life. He gagged on everything we put in his mouth. I know better now... but with your first your pretty naive. loved the photos.
ash

The Stones said...

So you guys dig th UFC too? Thats cool! Ashlee took me the Chuck Liddell Fight in Anaheim, CA last Sept. for my birthday. It was Awesome. The coverage at home is way better, but it was cool to be there. We actually went through security with Donna from "That 70's Show" and her boyfriend who is/was the oldest brother on "Maclcom in the Middle" and then Ashlee geeked out and grabbed Donna's arm to say " we love your show" and she about jumped out of her skin so Ashlee became "That Fan" that night which embarrassed us both. I can't take her anywhere. Anyway, You can have Liddell Ashlee digs GSP, whose body is a close second to mine. Later, Stone

Party of Five said...

Yay!! Peace of mind for Mommy:)

The Stones said...

Um... waiting for an update;) Hope all is well.
ash
Oh... saw Kelsey and Moyer this weekend, and the rest of the gang. Awkward, Mike brought up the story of getting caught lying about Kelsey. Awesome conversation. Again... I'm apologizing for my husband. The butthead. It does sound like you smacked him pretty good though. Thankyou!

Sara said...

Hi Ashlee -- how fun to find your blog! Such a great way to keep in touch (or get back in touch) w/ friends ~ I love it. Your kids are absolutely gorgeous! Looks like life is treating you well. :)