Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Yellow Rose of Texas



Adee had only been in dance for about 2 months before her first recital. I have to admit that I thought it was going to be a train wreck, but she totally proved me wrong. Everytime we went to dance I told Adee that she had to watch her teacher and do what she does because that is how she would learn the dance, and she rarely listened. Well recital time came and Adee blew me away. Let me describe for you the scene right before Adee went on stage. I was out in the hall with Shep and I see Adee, she has a huge goose egg on her head because even though Sam and I told her a million times NOT to run in her tap shoes she did anyway and fell, on her head, of course. She is getting a drink with one of the teachers and has water all down the front of her, not to mention the red from the licorice that the teacher has given her to help her stop crying. Her mascara (though waterproof) is running down her cheeks and blending with the red blush that she was required to wear - she was looking hot. She told me she was ready to go on stage. (SUPER!) :> I went back and sat next to Sam and informed him that Adee was in rare form and to get ready for who knows what. Well, Miss Adee came out on stage (they do not let you record the night of the performance, BUMMER) with a HUGE smile. The music starts and Adee steps forward from the line and zones in on her teacher who is down below doing the steps. She follows every step WITH the smile and at the end looks in the audience to find her dad and I and and gives us a big wave and HIIIII!! She totally pulled it together and amazed us. She really does listen to what we say, sometimes. :> What a good feeling.

4 comments:

The Stones said...

Adee looks soooooo cute! I can't believe the fiasco to begin with... poor thing. Oh...and yes that was a Red Sox shirt. Go RED SOX!!! I visited Fenway Park last year and am their newest fan. Sorry... I guess we can't have everything in common:)
ashlee

Christine Williams said...

Oh my heck! Ashlee! Your family is beautiful - your children have the most amazing eyes. Shep (I love that name) should be a poster child. I haven't talked to Cylee since high school. I have tried to track her down a few times, but I get the feeling she doesn't want to be found. Have you heard anything about her? I'm so glad you found me - it's good to hear from you. The internet is such a cool thing! Take care!

Christine Williams said...

I did hear that she had changed directions in her life, which is so admirable. I would love to get in touch with her. Our girls are 5and 4. Josie and Lanie. We were really wanting to have more children but we'll have to see what happens. Life seems to take paths you don't expect! Dee is finishing a home here for a guy that will let us live there rent free for a few months, so I think we'll do that until we get our next house finished. I'm sure a camp trailer will be in the plan for atleast a few weeks here and there. Our life can be crazy - but what memories we make! Are you in Pocatello? Dee's brother and his wife live there, too. It seems to be growing at just the right pace. Book club: love it! I read one good book a few years ago and sinse then have tried to read more often. I am just finishing up "These Is My Words," which I think I will have to put at the top of my favorites list. Of course, if you want to get hooked on something, read the Twilight series. You've probably herad about them, and even though they are meant for teenagers, I have heard of more adults reading them than anything. I'm going to stop now, though. I sound like a nerd. Have a great day - we'll chat again soon!

Redondo's said...

Aw, that story is adorable, isn't motherhood amazing? its so fun to see you on here in blog world. I am four months prego, feeling a little better, but still really sick at night especially. Its a boy though, we are actually thinking about naming him Samuel, paul just loves that name, its the front runner now, but I am undecided:) when are you coming to visit us boisian's?