Monday, October 26, 2009

Adee is 5!!!


Adee grows up more everyday - I guess that is what they are supposed to do, right? This year she is very into a book called Pinkalicious, so EVERYTHING was pink! :> She asked me to make her pinkalicious cupcakes for school and a pink princess cake out of her princess cookbook. Adee gets what Adee wants. :> We had a fun celebration this year and it is so hard for me to believe that she is 5. She is so mature and smart and witty, we love her to death. Adee also got to sing a solo in the primary program this year. She did so great! The kids sang the first two verses and then Adee sang the third verse to Beautiful Savior while the other kids hummed in the background - not a dry eye in the house. :> She stood right up to the mic. and sang beautifully, I was really wanting to hold it together so when I finally tried to take a deep breath I snorted really loudly, it was awesome!!!! I am so proud of this little girl and I can't believe that she is ours, her talents and confidence amaze me everyday. We are lucky to have her! Love you Ad's! Mom and Dad. Oh!!! I almost forgot. We also got Adee's ears pierced on her birthday. It was super! :> She was so upset after the first hole that she was ready to leave. Sam thought he would be sly and told her that if she didn't calm down and sit in the chair to get the other side done then we would just go and she would look really funny. Adee just looked up at him and said "Okay, let's go!" :> I had to be the voice of reason and pull the tough love card, it was hard to do, especially with the mall cop hovering over me. :> (apparently he was concerned about the screaming kid????) We made it through and Adee now has some pretty earrings and I have some GREAT shots of all the drama. ;> Oh yeah, and a special thanks to Lys, Luke, Jake and grandma for the fun October B-day sleepover, it was Adee's favorite part! :>

3 comments:

MJCastleton said...

Your snort comment...made me laugh out loud! Trevor thought I was losing it. Just imagining Adee, after hearing the song myself, brought a little tear to my eye. I wish we would have came! I totally would have. Why does the picture of Shep mad and wanting his present remind me of Sambo??
;-) Ear piercing pictures... PRICELESS! Thanks for finally updating! Thanks for loving my kiddos. They had fun!

Becky said...

Ash! So cute! The cake looked great! I love the pics of her getting her ears pierced, and I laughed cause of course the "yummy" lollipop made it all better! Looks like she had a great B-day, I can't believe she's 5! Me and the twinners need to see her soon! (and you and Shep, of course) :)

The Stones said...

happy birthday adee!