Monday, September 29, 2008

Stitches come out and I am crippled. :>


Sooo, Adee had her stitches out today. It only took about 20 minutes to get her out from under the chair at the Dr.’s office, and because I had Shep I was not asked to participate in the holding down ritual. It was bad, but not half as bad or LONG as last time. She kept screaming I NEED TO GET UP!!!! And then it was all over and she about ran out of the Dr.’s office. I can only imagine what her next set of shots is going to be like. :> SUPER FUN!!! I am crippled because I ran my first 10K on Saturday. I like saying 10K because it sounds like a longer distance than 6.2 miles, therefore it makes me feel better about being soooo sore! It was quite hard, I had been training for the last seven weeks and my longest run was 5.5 miles. My goal was to finish in under an hour and I did, no thanks to the WONDERFUL set up of the race! It was really unorganized and I had to ask about 15 different times which way to go. Oh well, it was good and hopefully the first of many races. My mom was down and she decided to join in the fun and run with me, she did great and had soooo much fun, right mom??? :> Next time it's in Boise and I am dragging her along again! :>

7 comments:

ALICIA said...

Ahhh so sad for Adee again :( poor little girl. It reminds me of when Kennedy was potty training and she kept getting urinary tract infections and we would have to go in to the dr. and she would never "go" in the cup so they would have to use the cathedar. Oh, not a good experience. But just to let you know, you are right, the next shots and the ones after, and after that will not be good. Kennedy FEARED the dr. office. It was not good.

I am proud of you Ash! Oh and you Kris :) Way to go ladies. Such athletes :) :) :) Hopefully, that warm, cold, warm, cold water helped you out Friday night :) lol!!!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You are so sweet. We had a great time Friday. I am so happy for you guys.

I can't wait for Croptoberfest!!! Woohoo!!! It's gonna be so fun :) Do you think we really need to bring scrapbook stuff????

MJCastleton said...

That seems quick that she got the stitches out! What an eventful couple of weeks you guys have had! I just ran/walked 1.5 miles and almost died...so kudos to YOU! I can't even imagine 26 times around the track let alone 6! And, under an HOUR! Good for you! Am I still invited to Croptoberfest??? ;-)

Christiansen 6 said...

Ashlee, I was blog hopping and came across yours, hope you don't mind. Your kids are too cute!!! I haven't seen you forever. That is so great about you running in that race. Any distance is an accomplishment to me!! I hope all is well with you and your family.
Erika Christiansen (From the Villa)

Christiansen 6 said...

Ashlee, I am sending you some recipes on your email. I hope it is still the same as the one you have on your profile. Let me know if you get it!!

Becky said...

Hey! We're back! And it is freezing! Missing Hawaii already! ;) Tell my Adee to get ready for her B-day lunch! Wherever she wants!! :) So glad her stitches trauma is over!! :(Bec

Party of Five said...

Ash - Your family is SO beautiful... the pictures are amazing! Yay for the pool! You're going to love it!

The Stones said...

what a gorgous family picture! love it! congratulations on the race. what a huge accomplishment. when you coming to boise?