Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BURNING UP the Track!!!!


No, seriously! That is the backpack that Adee had to have for preschool. I tried to sway her to the princess ones, Tinkerbell, even Dora.... not having it, she wanted red car (as she calls him) from Cars. She would not let me take her picture until I got a picture of her backpack first. As I was taking the picture I had to laugh because I had the thought that "Burning up the Track" could be the subtitle to the documentary of Adee's life. Adelynn Butler : Burning up the Track. :> This girl has no slow speed. Everything is 100%. (Maybe 110%) She is so sure of herself that she cannot understand why everyone that she talks to does not want to be her best friend. I used to try to contain her chatting with people but then I realized that it was really a good thing - go ahead Ad., be who you are and let the other people adjust. I have to admire that! :> I am proud of her for being so secure with who she is, at almost four she is SOOOO independent and confident. When I dropped her off at school she asked me if she could go play, I said yes, she gave me a quick hug and said see ya later - that was that, no crying here - for Adee anyway. :> When I came back to pick her up her teacher told me that she is a Montessori teacher's dream, so creative and ready to learn. That's our girl!
Sam also had a big day!!!!! :> 31 years for him! I broke down and bought him a Wii, which I may regret. He did work up quite the sweat last night playing it - not me. I am in shape! :> (right!) I think he had a good day, and he deserves it. He had to frost his own cake (help me frost it) because I hate to admit it, but it was the first three layer cake I have ever made, those 9X13's are soooo much easier. It was a yummy cake (thanks Ashlee S. for the recipe) and I even got a few pics of the masterpiece.
As far as Shep is concerned, life is good. He is loving new food and figuring out how to walk despite his parents lack of help. :> We have alot going on in the next few weeks, so expect updates - maybe MONTHLY since I am so slow these days! :> I'm not sure WHY I am so behind on everything, but I am! Love you all, Sam and Ash.

11 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Ash!! LOVE the backpack Adee!!! It's so her!! ;) She's to cute. Sam's cake looked way yummy! And Mia looked at the pics of her boyfriend Shep! All way cute! I guess we'll see ya at the good ole State Fair this weekend! Can't wait! Bec

Sean and Jessica Waldron said...

Cute pictures!! I think Sophie will be just like Adee! I can't wait to get all the kids together! See ya this weekend!!

The Stones said...

Its about eff'n time! I'm glad Adee was so brave, it would have wrecked you if she was screaming "Don't leave me Mommy!" I wouldn't be able to do it.
So are we going to have an awkward get together this weekend? That will be sweet. :) Actually, it would be good to meet the kids, and I am sure Sam has missed me terribly so we better do it. I think we are just going to the fair on Saturday so let us know.
Stone

The Stones said...

Thanks for the update... Adee is so precious and your cake looked fabulous! I came across your senior memoir book the other day while cleaning out my laundry room:) I found some pics too that I think you'll enjoy. Hopefully we can hook up... We're doing the parade that morning and then the fair the rest of the day. Let me know if you'll be there and I'll put in an oil order. P.S. You'll regret the wii ;)

ALICIA said...

Cute pics Ash! Adee looked so cute. I love it.....so independent :)

I am proud of you with the cake. Wow....it looked way yummy....thxs for invitin' me to come celebrate with ya!!

Hey, I am a little confused, was the sweat from playin' the Wii or from the Cosmo book??? Just need some clarifications on that.

We love our Wii :) :) :)

ALICIA said...

Oh, hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!

MJCastleton said...

Adee's backpack is perfect! And precious! I with Luke would graduate to Disney movies. We have added Caillou to our collection though! I can't believe Shep is about to walk! I almost started to cry! Way too long since I have seen either of them. You look great, kids look great, Sam....well, he looks ok I guess. Look into the Wii Fit...that is my next investment. I would have my own personal trainer in house! Cami LOVES it! Love you guys!

Party of Five said...

SO glad Adee loves preschool! Cameron's enjoying it too - yay! I forgot Sam's & my b-days are so close-I was 30 on the 30th!

Glad to hear things are going great!

The Stones said...

Labor Day weekend was alright... I hate being sick! I was such a grump! The real ? is... how was your weekend? Besides the "H.S. Reunion" ;) How'd all the other plans turn out? Email me!

Mrs. Jones said...

What cute little blonde babies you have! It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant with Adee. Time flies! I am glad you found me!

ALICIA said...

You ever gonna update spotless woman? LOL!!!